Monday, May 25, 2009

Polka Doodle Challenge

While looking around at other blogs I came across Polka Doodles' blog and they are having their FIRST challenge this week. No theme just a sketch to follow. Which is great, considering that I'm new to it all.

So here is the Sketch to follow:








After a couple of minutes thinking, I decided to make one. I couldn't think of a title, but I remember, yes, I almost forgot, that it was Dh birthday coming up so - there was the title. and so here it is: - sorry if the picutre isnt clear enough.










Products used
  • Mixed Media Pack from Colorbok (also the chipboard)
  • Nursery Tales from Prima Marketing Inc.
  • Birthdaze font (cupcake)
  • Stamp from an old stash that I dont recall getting it. (happy birthday)
  • Ribbin from Michaels
  • Buttons from my mom's bucket of buttons
  • Star paper fastener from CreativeImpressions.com
  • Thread from my mom's sewing room
  • Ring stamp from Martha Stewart

I made it last night before I went to bed, so I was safe from keeping it away from Dh. However, today was a different story. Supposedly, Dh knows about it and has seen it. And has been teasing me all day about. And thats alright I'll still give it to him on the 29th lol.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with pretty details!!!

    Thanks for taking part at Polka Doodles!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab birthday card and love how you have torn the corner over. Your DH will love it.

    Many thanks for joining us on our 1st challenge over at polka Doodles.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card with lots of nice detail - hey, you will just have to confuse DH by making him another card with next week's challenge :) Thanks for joining us over on PolkaDoodles
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think your card is fabulous! Love the ribbon slider. Thanks for playing with Polka Doodles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card....love the cupcake and hey please don't be intimated...just because you're new.....thanks for joining in the fun at Polka Doodles...Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - do like the buckle slider on the ribbon! Thanks for entering the PolkaDoodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete